Another week gone already?! This one disappeared in a whirlwind of sickness and housework but there were definitely a few wonderful moments that shined through anyway. So despite there being a few too many lows this week they are balanced out with some cute happy moments. Here is our week in highs and lows:
- Cuddles. It feels mean to enjoy anything about my child feeling under the weather but I’d be lying if I didn’t enjoy all of the extra cuddles just a little. She spent much more time in the Ergo than usual and even cuddled up against me on the sofa which is usually unheard of. I’ll take her being well over any cuddles though of course.
- Baking. It’s always fun to do something a little different with Lyra and on Friday Matt and I decided to bake with her. Lyra loved it and it was so much fun to spend some time at home as a family.. Plus we got to eat cupcakes at the end of it so what’s not to love?!
- Walks in the Park. I love watching Lyra exploring the world around her and she’s been so good at holding my hand when we’re out and about that taking her for walks is an absolute pleasure. She’s started to collect little treasures as we wander which is ridiculously cute.
- Sickness. Of course my daughter being ill was a low of this week. Luckily it only lasted a couple of days and she wasn’t too upset by it but it was tough whilst it lasted.
- Multitasking. I really sucked at this this week. I could blame Lyra being unwell but like I just said that only lasted a couple of days and I still didn’t manage to catch up on housework. Sometimes it just goes like that I guess, I try not to beat myself up too much about it.
I’m happy that I’ve only managed to think of two lows although both of them kind of overshadowed my week in their own way. As usual we recorded our week in a vlog and I think my favourite bit in it this week is our cupcake baking. A lovely memory that I’m so glad we managed to capture.